Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Makita Chiquita

It was a dreary Tuesday afternoon, approaching naptime. I was minding my own business performing routine domestic duties, when I caught Jack trying to stuff his animal magnets into the openings on the front of the dishwasher (you know, where the lock lever is). Despite rescuing one of the animals, I realized, to my horror,  that 3 other innocent animals were stuck and dangling precariously over the abyss leading to the inside of the dishwasher door. (I sure wish I could draw a diagram). Using my dexterous upper phalanges, I was able to rescue a rooster and a goose. Sadly, I couldn't save the cat. Down she went into the darkness. I did not despair, however. I summoned my Super Tool Girl powers and retrieved Chad's Mikita electric screwdriver from the garage and preceded to remove the back of the dishwasher door. 7 screws and 1 battery change later I spotted the lost magnet. Using a kitchen spatula, I was able to reach and rescue Jack's lost toy. I was shocked to discover that I had not rescued the cat but another lost magnet- Lassie! It took some more finagling before I was able to return the cat and Lassie back to their rightful places on the front of the dishwasher and secure all of the screws. I then holstered my weapon...I mean put the Mikita back in it's case and turned may attention back to the laundry. Just another day as the mom of 2 busy little men.!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud. Way to go Super Tool Girl!

joanna said...

Impressive. It brings back memories of my trying to break out of my bathroom when the door wouldn't open. Super Tool Girl is a great title indeed.