Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Raising Boys


I never in a million years would have thought that I would be a mother of 2 little boys! I confess that I often asked myself, "what would I do with boys?" Well, I couldn't have picked a sweeter life. I treasure (or I try to) each day with them.  I'm learning how to get dirty, rough and tumble play, race cars, fix things, and a million other little boy activities. It is a constant adventure. 

Jack got his toolbox out and was fixing the red car. I told him he was working like Grandpa and Daddy do. I know it won't be long before he's out in the garage with them working on projects. 

Now that they are both on the go, I get the joy of watching them run around together. Luke works so hard to keep up with Jack. I can tell Luke is so excited to have the freedom that comes with walking. Jack loves having a playmate. He is also very helpful when Luke gets stuck or frustrated. He helps him get out of chairs, into riding toys, and with toys that go out of control. He's a tremendous leader. 

This is one of their (mainly Jack's) new favorite activities. They like to get books and cars and play with them in Luke's crib. The also turn it the crib into a wrestling cage sometimes. It's really nice for when I need to sweep their room. I am so blessed that they love to be together. 


1 comment:

Brianna said...

I love hearing about you playing with your boys, it is so sweet!