Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Turkey Day

*This should have been posted right after thanksgiving, but we put the computer away to start painting the guest room/office bookshelves.*

We have so much to be thankful for! This year, we made a list of some of the reasons we have to be thankful. We have a great church, amazing family and friends, Chad has a great job, etc. Jack told me he was thankful for "eggs, sausage, and pancakes," which happened to be what he was eating for dinner. He also said that Luke is thankful for Jesus. I just love his precious heart. 

We had a really fun Thanksgiving day. We started the morning with the Tyler Turkey Trot. We loaded the boys in our double jogger and walked the 5k. It was wonderful to be outside as a family


After our walk and some rest, Chad's parents joined us for dinner. We're not big turkey people, so we opted to grill steak and chicken. I've since renamed Chad  "The Grillmaster." It was delicious! I tried to make my Mom's homemade rolls, but it was a total bust. We were very thankful for Pillsbury! 


It was special to have a blend of my family traditions, Chad's family traditions, and some we have started with our our crew. I look forward to more opportunities to practice being thankful and teaching our sons what that really means. 





No comments: