Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Maternity Pants

As the mom of an almost-1-year-old, and a 3 and 1/2 week old, I've spent the last year and a half of my life in maternity pants. Now that both boys are here and thriving, the time has come for me to embark on the challenging mission: GET BACK INTO REGULAR CLOTHES. Now, I'm way excited about wearing all of my clothes that have been stored away in plastic bins since what seems like the dawn of time. However, I have a few items of mom-wear that I'm not ready to forgo. These would be my maternity pants. More specifically, my maternity jeans. I don't understand why everyone doesn't embrace the awesomeness of these garments. Why would I forsake my elastic waste-band and zipper/button-free bliss to return to regular jeans? I don't have to worry about whether or not the zipper is broken, and I don't have to go change into sweats if I eat to much Mexican food (which occurs often). Maybe I'm just lazy, but I truly believe that Mommy jeans are amazing. I have a goal of being able to wear my pre-baby jeans by mid-November, but, who knows. I may meet the goal and just get smaller Mommy jeans. They're just too great to give up.

6 comments:

emily bee said...

confession: i buy maternity shirts sometimes because they are LONGER. seriously. :)

The Davis Family Three said...

Carrie! You joined the blogging world! Now we can be blogging buddies too - is it ok if I link your blog to my blog? I applaud your goal of getting back in your jeans by November. Good luck!

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Woohoo!!! We want to see those sweet boys!

Mandy said...

yes I agree...they are great inventions! I plan on wearing all my maternity clothes for a while because they are so comfy! I'm excited you're blogging! :0)

Zach & Jessica said...

Ah yes, as the mother of 3 in under 4 years I can totally relate to the maternity pants! I had the goucho maternity pants with my middle child and wore them the whole first year of her life! LOVED THEM! Of course, now I can't find any to buy:(

Good luck losing weight...i'm currently on that battle too!

Carrie said...

The gaucho maternity pants are amazing! I have them in gray. I also have regular ones in black and brown that I wear regularly. In fact, they're on the docket for today.