Monday, July 21, 2008

Holsteins vs. Hannah



















I am embarking on a new challenge for the next 4 months. In an effort to be more healthy, get back into my pre-prego clothes, and support several friends with similar goals, I have a joined a team of ladies in a competition we have deemed "Holsteins vs. Hannah." We decided we wanted to loose the weight equivalent of an entire person by December 1st. Who better than Hannah Montana? A dear friend of mine bought a cardboard cutout of afore mention tween superstar along with a cardboard cutout of the much beloved Chick-Fil-A cow. The choice is simple: we can either join forces to loose Hannah Montana, or we can feel like Holstein cows. Sometimes silliness is the exact motivation you need. If you have an tips, please share. For right now, the boys and I are walking around or very elevatious (I made up that word) neighborhood, and I'm watching what I eat (no, I don't mean I'm watching it go into my mouth). 

6 comments:

emily bee said...

this is amazing!!!!!!! and so you. love it!!!!

Caren said...

Ok, so here's my plan. I'm on the look-out for Hannah Montana plates... and not the disposable variety either. I'm ready to spend big bucks on this! I figure all desserts eaten on a Hannah Montana plate will serve as a great motivator. Are you in? Want me to get 2?

shari said...

carrie, i found your site through emily's links.

i love this post and idea! so funny and i love the plate idea.

tips-i suggest cutting out white flour for awhile. i have a wedding in two weeks and that's been the most helpful 'diet' tip for me. if you're not into cutting things out then try taking off all your clothes and jumping up and down in front of your mirror. total motivator!

emily bee said...

hahhaa...to shari, that's freakin' hilarious.

that IS an excellent tip.

Jana said...

no more Dr. Pepper Mrs. Larsh. I'm just saying it did wonders for me!!

Chelsea Gallaway said...

I'm doing Weight Watchers and it's awesome! You can still drink your beloved half diet coke/ half diet dr pepper! :)

Ya I would refrain from jumping up and down in front of a mirror but that's hilarious!