Thursday, January 13, 2011

Confessions from the Kiosk

Whether you find them at the office, at home, or with a cup of coffee at Starbucks, most bloggers are found sitting. Not me. Not today. I'm standing at what we call our "kiosk." My genius husband, by way of his magical techie wand has, transformed our living room television into a 42" monitor. I often find myself like I am right now, perched in front of the screen, standing on one leg with the other leg bent against my knee. Think flamingo. It's quite amusing, and by far the most agile thing I do.

Inspired by a friend to share a piece of personal trivia (#2 is for you, Val), I thought I'd make a list of some silly and little-known tidbits about myself.

1. I hate Styrofoam plates/to-go boxes. The squeak they make gives me the eebie geebies.
2. In fourth grade, I proudly sported a gold locket containing a picture of Kevin Costner that I cut out of my Bodyguard soundtrack (it was a tape, too!).
3. I have had my Miranda Rights read to me.
4. I once cried while watching USC football and explained my tears by saying, "It's just such beautiful football."
5. I wore my dad's shorts in junior high and cinched them up with his woven leather belt.
6. I have a weakness for kids' cereal.
7. I color-code my closet.
8. My sisters and I can quote "The Princess Bride" almost all the way through.
9. I was the one who broke the pencil sharpener in 1st grade by trying to sharpen a purple crayon.
10. Instead of having an imaginary friend, I had an imaginary planet (complete with holidays).

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I LOVE the planet with holidays!!! I can just imagine you making the calendar now.

Valerie said...

This is an amazing, amazing list.

Thanks for sharing!! :D

A said...

#3 made me laugh - I had almost forgotten about that! And how I was more upset that I wouldn't get to eat my Subway sandwich than I was about being hauled into the police station. :)
"Do you revoke these rights and agree to answer any questions I may ask you?"
"Ummm... should I say yes?"
"You can answer any way you like, ma'am."
"I.... I.... *lip quiver* I guess so."
"So you do hereby revoke these rights as I have read them to you."
"But I just want to eat my sandwich!"