Saturday, January 29, 2011

Life on the Outside

After 25 hours spent inside CMC, I was able to get away for a while today. It was so wonderful to feel the sun, breathe fresh air and eat food not purchased in the cafeteria. My girlhood best friend, who I haven't seen in about 10 years, picked me up and treated me to lunch (yes, Mexican food) and a little shopping. I was amazed at how we fell into our old roles and seemed to pick up where we left off. So much is changed in our lives in the last decade (college, marriage, careers and kiddos), but our personalities still mesh like they did when we spent our days playing with Barbies or American Girl dolls.



I was so blessed to spend my evening with another precious friend and my sweet little girl. It's amazing how a hospital room can transform into a place where lives, hearts, and dreams are shared. Real friendship is doing life with one another, and Jane and I have certainly done that. She's seen me transform from a recent college grad to a wife and now to a mommy. She has the gifl of loving and encouraging others and bringing joy and refreshment to a downtrodden heart. Our talks of God's love, the love we have for our men, and mommyhood served as a great reminder that the world keeps spinning and God is still working, eventhough my life seems like it's at a standstill.

No comments: