Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For Such a Time as This

Today was my first full day in Dallas with Little Miss after being flown here yesterday morning. It was a whirlwind morning. By 11, we had ridden in an ambulance and flown in a helicopter. It's so hard to see a little one sick, especially when she struggles to breathe. I was overwhelmingly relieved to see her get some help. Though much of the experience was intense, I had a sense of calm- calm because I know that God is in control and calm because we have been through a similar experience with Jack. In fact, at one point, I looked at Chad and said, "Same song, second verse." I believe that God uses our experiences to prepare us for things later on down the road. This has most certainly been true in this case. Almost 4 years ago, we spent 3 weeks in the NICU with newborn Jack because his preemie lungs weren't quite strong enough to work on their own. Then, 2 months ago, I watched my sister struggle to breathe in her final days in the ICU. It's not that I'm comfortable with IVs or cannulas or the thought of intubation; I have just seen them work and provide comfort for people I love. I am so thankful that God prepared us to be there for our sweet little girl by guiding us through Jack's first weeks and Christie's death. We believe that this might be why God brought Little Miss into our family, even if it is for a season. It is a joy to love her and take care of her. I did promise her that our next girls' trip would look much different.

No comments: